WANT TO ADD, EDIT OR CHANGE YOUR OWN LISTING?
Click here to change a listing or add one
Following are the basics for searching the CanLaw Directory of Canadian Lawyers
There are some 68,000 lawyers, crowns, in house counsel, judges and notaries in the CanLaw Directory.
Return to CanLaw Search Page
The more boxes you fill in the narrower your search will be.
Case does not matter: Smith is the same as smith
- To find all the lawyers in your town, simply enter the city and province and click the search button
- Search for an individual lawyer, crown, notary, judge or in-house counsel by entering their surname and if needed their given name or initial in the appropriate box. Generally initials work better for first name searches since spellings vary and some first names may be in full, others only in initials.
You may also further narrow your search by adding other details such as city or firm and/or select the province you want to search.
- See all the lawyers in a given firm: When you look at the complete entry for an individual, you may also see all the other lawyers in that firm by clicking beside the firm name entry.
- To search for any law firm: Fill in all or part of the name of the firm.
- The CanLaw Directory of Canadian lawyer can be searched by each, some or all of the following areas:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Primary area of practice:
- Company Name:
- Postal Code:
- Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- Email Address:
- Names containing accents: CanLaw has found it best to try to remove all accents from the database to make searching simpler.
Some may have slipped by, however generally if a name or word contains an accent substitute the plain letter without accent in your search. This may not be politically correct, but it works.
- Search by Primary area of practice:
CanLaw is still working at getting lawyers to enter their areas of practice so this area is not complete by any means.
However if you are searching for example, for a real estate lawyer in Wawa, you may find this feature useful. It will certainly improve as time goes by.
- Email addresses: Email addresses are notoriously unreliable unless they are obviously part of a firm's domain name.
They change frequently. This problem will persist until somehow spam is conquered.
- General accuracy: CanLaw spends a huge amount of time and money keeping this directory as current, comprehensive and accurate as possible. We update it daily. However lawyers are extremely mobile. They seem to change firms, addresses and areas of practice as often as normal people change their socks. Please let us know if you discover an out of date listing.
- CanLaw is not responsible for errors, ommissions, inaccuracies or any problem howsoever caused directly or indirectly by our publishing or your using this Directory. You accept these terms as a condition of using our services.